John's wort is a perennial herb with a rich chemical composition and a wide range of effects on the body. To improve men's health, and not aggravate the situation, you need to take infusions or decoctions strictly according to the prescription, without exceeding the dosage and concentration of the substance. There are two polar opinions about whether St. John's wort helps for potency.
Useful properties of St. John's wort
The positive effect of St. John's wort on potency is associated with its ability to relieve fatigue and increase sexual desire.
In folk medicine, the plant is considered a potent remedy, and therefore is used very carefully. St. John's wort and potency in men have long been inseparable concepts, since it was considered a strong aphrodisiac. In addition to vitamin and mineral complexes, the following special substances are present in the chemical composition of St. John's wort:
- Hypericin. Promotes the synthesis of serotonin, normalizes the overall functioning of the endocrine and nervous systems. Actively fights pathogenic microflora in the body.
- Quercetin. It has a diuretic and diaphoretic effect, which, in turn, reduces swelling and stops stagnant processes. It also improves blood circulation and relieves allergic manifestations.
- Amino acids. Due to such elements, metabolism improves, which means that the blood is cleansed and tissues are restored.
- Amenolavones and procyanides. They affect the organs of the digestive tract, increase patency in the vascular system, start tissue regeneration and wound healing.
It is believed that the regular use of St. John's wort in the form of tincture, extract or decoction allows you to normalize the work of many organs and systems. The main thing here is to stick to the recipe and not break the course of admission. Separately, some results of how St. John's wort affects potency and the body should be highlighted:
- the likelihood of developing urinary and cholelithiasis is reduced;
- acts as an active element in the fight against chronic headaches, migraines;
- increases the absorption of the walls of the gastrointestinal tract, which means it accelerates the transit of beneficial trace elements into the blood;
- stimulates the synthesis of testosterone and endorphin;
- effectively suppresses prostatitis and inflammatory processes in the pelvic organs;
- helps to fight shortness of breath and other disorders of the respiratory process;
- strengthens the immune system;
- due to the stimulation of the endocrine system and the production of certain hormones, mood and vitality increase, depression disappears.
How St. John's wort affects male potency
In traditional medicine, St. John's wort is still not considered an aphrodisiac, but its beneficial properties and effect on potency are not denied. Although here the situation is ambiguous - this plant can be both useful and bring some harm. The concept of "impotence" includes several destructive conditions and can mean both delayed ejaculation and premature ejaculation. If a man suffers from the latter, then the use of St. John's wort, given its blood-stimulating effects, can only exacerbate the problems. Therefore, first of all, St. John's wort is considered a drug, and not an aphrodisiac.
If delayed ejaculation is manifested, then St. John's wort for men and its effect on potency will occur as follows:
- improves blood circulation in the body and in the genitourinary system, in particular;
- the level of hormones is normalized, and therefore the feeling of anxiety disappears, the mood rises;
- the amount of estrogen decreases, as metabolism improves.
In no case should you exceed the duration of the course. Otherwise, the overall muscle mass and libido level decrease. This result is manifested due to the action of beta-sitosterol. It is this substance that is most active in its effect on potency, both positive and negative.
Its molecular structure is similar to cholesterol. Its main function is to protect the body from the development of atherosclerosis by removing bad cholesterol. Since one of the common causes of erectile dysfunction is atherosclerosis of the vessels of the penis (plaques block the arteries and the blood is not supplied in sufficient quantities), phytosterol is a very effective element in the fight for healthy potency. The principle of its work is as follows:
- Due to the structural similarity, beta-sitosterol blocks the absorption of cholesterol in the intestine. Its level in the body decreases, and plaques stop clogging blood vessels.
- Plays an important role in the treatment of prostate cancer. Some laboratory studies suggest that phytosterol may counteract male pattern baldness.
- Blocks the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone, which is an active metabolite. Thus, the level of the male hormone remains higher.
Men's health largely depends on the health of the genitourinary system. Does St. John's wort affect potency through the treatment of the pelvic organs? Definitely. It effectively fights hyperplasia and inflammatory and congestive processes of the prostate, urethritis.
Where to find a good St. John's wort
St. John's wort is an ancient aphrodisiac.
This plant is very common. The right time to collect it is the stage when the flowers appear. You can find St. John's wort in the fields, in wild parks and even along the road. But the latter option is not suitable for the use of herbs for treatment. It is necessary to collect St. John's wort grass for potency and treatment of other diseases only in ecologically clean places, where there is a lot of light and enough moisture.
You need to dry St. John's wort by tying it in bunches and hanging it with inflorescences down. If there is no opportunity to collect the plant on your own, then you can find it in spontaneous markets or in pharmacies.
Recipes to increase potency
Traditional medicine offers thousands of medicinal recipes with St. John's wort. Most often, men take teas, infusions or decoctions based on herbs, but essential oils and extracts can also be used. Consider the most popular and simple options.
This method is considered the most optimal and safe. But tea must be prepared correctly:
- 10 grams of St. John's wort is taken for 1 cup of boiling water;
- let it boil for a few minutes, and then leave it under a closed lid for 2-3 minutes;
- strain the tea and add thyme, rosehip, ginger or lemon to taste.
It is not recommended to sweeten tea from St. John's wort with sugar, it is better to use honey, but you should add it only when the tea has already cooled down a bit. You can drink this drink once a day.
St. John's wort tincture
It can be water or alcohol based. Let's consider both options. To prepare an infusion on water, you need:
- prepare 1 tablespoon of dry chopped herbs for 200 ml of boiling water;
- St. John's wort pour into already boiled water. Turn off the fire immediately, cover the container with a lid and let stand for 30 minutes;
- strain the resulting product through cheesecloth or a sieve.
The infusion is ready. You need to drink it 50 ml 3 times a day half an hour before meals. Treat like this for no more than 2 weeks.
To make an alcohol-based infusion, prepare:
- finely chopped St. John's wort - 100 g;
- vodka - 0. 5 l;
- glass container of the appropriate volume.
Mix the ingredients, close the jar with a lid and insist in a dark place for a week or 10 days. Take the infusion carefully, 30-40 drops half an hour before meals, no more than 2 weeks. Then take a break for 1 month and repeat the course.
St. John's wort decoction
The decoction is considered the least effective and can be used as a prophylactic to avoid potency disorders. You can not prepare a decoction with a margin, since it can be stored for no more than 24 hours. To make it, take:
- 1 tablespoon of herbs and 200 ml of water;
- mix the ingredients and put on fire. For cooking, use only an enameled, glass or clay container;
- bring the broth to a boil and simmer for another 15 minutes;
Cool and strain the finished product. Divide into three parts and drink 20 minutes before meals.
Contraindications and precautions
St. John's wort is better not to use if there is an individual intolerance.
Does St. John's wort affect potency in a negative way? It contains many bioactive components that are also used in traditional medicines. This once again indicates that the intake of any decoctions, infusions or extracts should be carried out strictly according to the prescription. It is necessary to refuse treatment with St. John's wort in such cases:
- Pathological processes of the digestive system, liver or kidneys were found; hypertension; neoplasms of the estrogen-dependent type.
- Already taking drugs to combat migraine or epilepsy; antidepressants, anticoagulants, opiates, or central nervous system stimulants.
- When it is impossible to exclude the factor of prolonged exposure to the sun. St. John's wort provokes photosensitivity - increased sensitivity of the skin to ultraviolet radiation.
If a man takes hormonal drugs that increase the concentration of serotonin, then simultaneous treatment with St. John's wort can lead to the development of serotonin syndrome, which is life-threatening. It is manifested by confusion, tremors, mental overexcitation, panic attacks and increased sweating.
In addition, despite all its healing properties, St. John's wort contains cadmium and lead that are toxic to the body. An excess of these elements in the blood, among other things, leads to a decrease in sexual function in a man. To avoid intoxication, St. John's wort for potency should be taken strictly according to the prescription.